A agency takeout favorite! With its signature curry flavour and yellow hue, Singapore Noodles are made with skinny rice noodles, prawns/shrimp, Chinese language BBQ Pork, egg and purple capsicum/bell peppers. Don’t fret when you don’t have all of the elements – that is price making with no matter you’ve got!
Singapore Noodles are so widespread right here in Australia that it seems on the menu of most suburban Chinese language eating places, whether or not they serve different Singaporian dishes or not. When you stroll previous a type of serve-yourself Chinese language buffets in meals courts the place you see folks precariously balancing as many Honey Prawns as they will on the mound of meals on their plates, there’s an excellent likelihood that buried underneath that pile of prawns is Singapore Noodles.
And although when you hunt down Singapore Noodles in Singapore, it is going to allude you as a lot because the legendary notion that there are koalas in each Aussie yard, that’s okay.
Singapore Noodles are scrumptious, and we are going to all the time adore it!
RICE NOODLES FOR SINGAPORE NOODLES
Singapore Noodles are made with skinny rice noodles referred to as vermicelli noodles. They’re quite common these days, bought in any respect supermarkets. Wai Wai is my favorite model – I discover that it holds up one of the best to a lot of tossing motion – and also you’ll discover it at Woolies, Coles and so on right here in Sydney.
OTHER STUFF IN SINGAPORE NOODLES
You’ll nearly all the time discover prawns/shrimp and Chinese language BBQ Pork (Char Siu) in Singapore Noodles, in addition to egg.
When you don’t occur to have a stash of Char Siu in your freezer, don’t fret! You’ll be able to make some rapidly with pork chops utilizing both a retailer purchased Char Siu Sauce or do-it-yourself. Only a 20 minute marinade then pan fry or bake – instructions within the recipe for each choices.
As with most stir fries, when you get the elements prepared, the cooking half is fairly fast. Albeit with this recipe, there are a number of extra steps than most as a result of the prawns and egg are cooked individually first earlier than continuing with the recipe.
But it surely’s nonetheless a 20 minute job all up, together with prep. And when you’re a fan of Singapore Noodles, regardless of lack of precise Singaporian roots, you might be nonetheless going to like this crowd favorite! – Nagi x
Some of the widespread stir fried noodles, made at dwelling! Made with Chinese language BBQ Pork (Char Siu), prawns/shrimp, egg and greens with a signature curry seasoning. See notes for a fast Char Siu and subs. This recipe makes 2 beneficiant servings. Recipe video under.
- 5 tsp soy sauce ((Observe 1))
- 2 tbsp Chinese language cooking wine (Observe 2)
- 2 half tsp curry powder (scorching or unusual, Observe three)
- half tsp sugar
- half tsp white pepper (black additionally okay)
- 2 half oz / 75g dried rice vermicelli noodles ((Observe four))
- 2 tbsp peanut oil (, separated)
- Eight-10 medium uncooked shrimp / prawns (, shelled and deveined)
- 2 eggs (, crushed)
- half medium onion (, thinly sliced (yellow, brown or white))
- four garlic cloves (, minced)
- 1 tsp ginger (, freshly grated)
- half lb / 250g Chinese language barbecue pork (Char Siu), thinly sliced (Observe 5)
- 1 cup purple capsicum / bell pepper
- 2 tsp thinly sliced scorching inexperienced pepper (alter to style, optionally available)
- Mix the Sauce elements in a small bowl and blend.
- Place rice vermicelli noodles in a big bowl stuffed with boiled water and soak as per packet directions. Drain and put aside.
Warmth 1 tbsp of oil in a wok or heavy based mostly fry pan over medium warmth. Add the shrimp/prawns, prepare dinner till simply cooked – about 2 half to three minutes. Take away and put aside.
Add the egg and unfold it out to make a skinny omelette. As soon as set, use a spatula to roll it up, take away from the wok and slice (whereas nonetheless rolled up).
Return the wok to medium warmth and add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Add the garlic, ginger and onion, prepare dinner for two minutes till onion is barely softened.
Add capsicum and prepare dinner for 1 minute.
Add noodles and Sauce, give it a number of tosses. Then add the egg, pork, shrimp/prawns, chillies (if utilizing). Toss till the sauce coats all of the noodles and all the pieces is heated by way of – about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve instantly.
1. I exploit all function soy sauce (Kikkoman) or mild soy sauce. I don’t advocate darkish soy sauce, the flavour is just too intense.
2. Substitute with dry sherry, cooking sake or Mirin. When you can’t devour alcohol, use rooster broth.
three. Any generic curry powder is okay right here. I exploit Keens or Chives of India, each normal curry powders bought at supermarkets. I exploit scorching as a result of I just like the spice!
four. Wai Wai is the model I like to recommend if you will get it, for each texture and in addition it holds up effectively to a lot of tossing motion. Rice vermicelli could be very low cost – often $2 for fairly a big bag – and these days you’ll discover it at on a regular basis supermarkets.
5. When you don’t have retailer purchased or do-it-yourself Char Siu substitute with diced rooster, bacon, ham or pork, go away it out and/or add extra greens. For a fast Char Siu, make a small amount of the Char Siu marinade, marinade pork chops for 20 minutes then pan fry on medium till caramelised, or bake at 180C/350F for round 20 minutes. Then use per recipe.
6. Methods to inform shrimp/prawns are completely cooked: uncooked prawns dangle straight, completely cooked prawns type a “C” form and overcooked prawns are tightly curled into an “O” form.
7. Tailored from Singapore-Type Rice Vermicelli by Saucy Spatula.
Eight. Vitamin per serving.
Initially revealed April 2015, up to date June 2018 with new pictures, video added and rewritten publish. No adjustments to recipe – it’s nice as it’s!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
LIFE OF DOZER
With all of the kerfuffle over his damage, I completely forgot to share THIS – his sixth birthday!!
What began out as a easy doggie birthday cake morphed right into a two layer frosted creation, however I feel it was that second as I used to be making a drippy glaze to drizzle excessive that it really hit dwelling:
I’m that Loopy Canine Girl.
The publish Singapore Noodles appeared first on RecipeTin Eats.